40-Day Yoga Challenge
You asked and it’s here. We are excited about our first-ever yoga challenge!
Yours truly and my husband and business partner, Magezi, are turning 40 this year.
- Magezi turns 40 March 9th
- I turn 40 on April 18th
Help us celebrate this milestone by taking part in a 40-day yoga challenge.
How Will This Work?
- The challenge will begin on my husband’s fortieth birthday, March 9th, and will end on my fortieth birthday, April 18th.
- There will be a poster board in the studio, starting March 9th. Participants will simply write their name on the poster board and put a check next to each day for which they practice.
- The practice must be for forty consecutive days – starting March 9th and ending April 18th.
During the forty days, you are highly encouraged to read Baron Baptiste’s book, “40 Days to Personal Revolution.”
- A number of you have mentioned you’d like to do the challenge, but will be traveling during the challenge. So, we are adding in the caveat that you can have up to FOUR at-home or at an away-studio practice during the challenge. To uphold accountability and honor of the challenge, please email Marina a photo of you practicing outside of the studio (if and when you will need to do so during the challenge): email@example.com.
Why Take This On?
- This is a great way to challenge yourself mentally and physically and to build a consistent and regular practice.
- It gets you practicing regularly, thus a 40-day yoga challenge can help you build confidence in your practice.
- ou commit to muscle memory through daily practice, thus the easier it will be to dedicate yourself to a daily practice — and the stronger your body will become.
- The benefits of yoga will typically be experienced any time you practice, but establishing a daily routine helps you to reap those benefits on a regular basis.
- A yoga challenge undeniably helps you to improve your asana practice. More importantly, however, it allows you to begin to experience the effects of consistent yoga practice in your day-to-day life.
- While you will likely notice improvements in your strength and flexibility, you may also notice more subtle benefits such as improved mood and attitude and better sleep patterns.
- According to a recent Harvard Medical School study, yoga can even help with anxiety and depression. Dedicating yourself to your practice — making the time every day — can have lasting effects on your overall physical health.
Yes, There Is A Prize
At the end of the forty days, participants will have their name entered into a drawing for the chance to win two months of unlimited yoga and a Mind Body Flow Yoga water bottle.
Are you up for the challenge?